Friday, June 2, 2017

What's important

Today I was frustrated with a person. At least that is what I thought. I was going to tell another person about my frustration. After stating I had something to tell, I said "No I can't say it, this is gossip, this is evil." I still continued to feel that person was the problem. Later in the day I happened to meet a friend I hadn't spoke with in a long while. During our conversation we each shared current life experiences. In our talk I realized I was being shown how convenient it is to blame a difficult issue on a person. It causes more confusion. Understanding how it is a habit to resolve conflict by blame brings the problem into the proper reference. It is not a mystical power controlled by other people. An honest assessment can shift a conflict into a resolution. I didn't try to resolve anything with the person. I did prevent myself from spreading hate filled gossip and that is what was most important. The rest I have no control over.

It's not what you think it's what you believe.  Patricia '96

No comments: