Friday, July 6, 2018

The Midweek Holiday

I kept feeling like yesterday was Saturday.  Not sure why the idea of weekday-weekend still holds in my thought process.  That world is long long gone.  Not that it ever really existed. The world that created those ideas is long gone.  July 4 I had to go to the grocery store. When I spend every penny each month paying bills,  buying necessities. Every transaction feels like I'm being robbed.  When the person I'm doing the business transaction with is unpleasant it feels like I'm being assaulted too.  So anyhow I asked my neighbor if he wanted to go along for a trip into town. He said sure. Not much to tell just a typical day. He thanked me for taking him along when we returned home.  Later that day I saw an older gentleman walking by my fence staggering up the road.  I'd never seen him before and the direction he was heading was into the hills. I went out to see if he was okay.  He was disoriented and wasn't sure where he was.  While I was on the phone for the paramedics, my neighbor shows up saying she saw him fall down earlier.  The paramedics arrived and ultimately took him to the hospital. Later, I called the hospital to learn he was reunited with his son.  I wasn't able to find out where he came from or if he lives in my neighbor. On July 5 by coincidence I look out my window.  A car coming down the hill makes an erratic turn and crashes into my neighbors fence.  No brakes. They were removing junk cars.  I was thankful it wasn't my fence. I understand why my neighbor is upset. I hope things get worked out and everyone can be neighborly.

I now have a rooster. The people who had it don't want it any longer. It starts crowing around 4:00 am.



If you've ever filled in the details in your mind during a conversation and imaged something splendid to later find out it was all created in your mind.  Welcome you've taken a midweek holiday.  [Now's]* an interesting time to check your kitchen cupboard to see what is the oldest spice bottle you've stowed away.  I think everyone should have at least one ancient spice bottle, maybe two.

I think midnight was the start of world war 3.  Now the trade war begins.  Someone paid money to make a giant balloon of Trump as a baby.   It makes you wonder just how much money has the USA been sending over seas?  I'm confused by the message. In America people celebrate using balloons.  Also businesses use balloons at grand openings.  There's even a huge parade using giant balloons on Thanksgiving.
Giving Thanks? Holiday inflatables have become a major part of Christmas displays.

Maybe someone can make a mile long sleeve to put into that shaft and get the children and their coach out of that water cave in Taiwan.

*
signified by the apostrophe
Now is
Now would be
not
Two or more now


It's not what you think it's what you believe.  Patricia '96

No comments: