Sunday, December 10, 2017

Fill in the blank

He told her "Don't ask too many questions.  I won't lie and you won't like the answers".  She didn't like to worry.  He'd kept his word so far.  He playfully smacked her bottom "You know what bad girls get".  He pulled the bow loose on her apron.  "Okay I need to finish what I'm doing here, weren't you supposed to finish digging up that broken pipe at the campground this weekend"? She retied her apron.
 "What happened to the pants you had on yesterday, so I can wash them"? He liked how she instantly returned to the task at hand.
 "More questions? Yes and I left them at the campground they smelled really bad.  I'll probably throw them away".
"They're barely worn".  Her curiosity was frugal not accusatory
"Fine I'll take them to the laundromat, don't want them ruining our machine".  He knew they were soaked in blood.

"Did you end up digging into the septic system. Geez they don't have maps for the underground pipework"?  She was scolding for a reason that would upset any decent person.  His confidence in her reaffirmed.  He would have to relay his story to the others so they could be sure and tell the same story.   She gave them the perfect alibi without even knowing.

It's not what you think it's what you believe.  Patricia '96

No comments: