Friday, December 29, 2017

Forgiveness

You told me I knew the difference. You said no one ever told you. You said it was my fault. You stopped loving me. You chose your new circle of friends. You said I knew the difference to blame me. You said I didn't know the difference as your reason to leave me. I don't think you ever loved me. When you hit me you said it was my fault. You said you warned me about my behavior.  I should have known better then to act like that. You told me to remove all my clothes you filled my mind with promises of love. You said you had something important to tell. Naked I laid next to you. You played with my hair. You touched my face. While I waited for you to continue I felt vulnerable while you drew out those anticipating moments. Waiting to hear you I thought it had to do with our future. That moment felt like you loved me. When you told me it had to do with our past and coldly spoke about her. I reached for my clothes. You stopped me. You told me she meant nothing to you. I loved you and I needed you. I learned in the years that followed what nothing meant. You finally found your dream love because you were still looking. Because she needed you.  You wanted me to meet her.  I did you both looked happy together perfectly paired.  I felt happy for you because you finally looked peaceful.


It's not what you think it's what you believe.  Patricia '96

No comments: