Thursday, February 8, 2018

Profound moments

Tuesday put me in a frame of mind that created nausea.  Like spinning on a merry-go-round as a child.  The change of perception caused through self induced disorientation.  Also known as a weird feeling.  It could also be described as dread.  Perhaps it is being so grounded I could sense the spin of the earth.  I was tuned in and connected.  That mental scar that makes me numb.  A woman approached me in a parking lot.  She told me she had just gotten out of the hospital.  She explained her food stamps ran out.  I stopped her and said you are 3 blocks from the county office.  She said my ribs are broken.  I thought of Eve.  I wanted to tell her no your ribs aren't broken. It was Adam's rib that was broken off to create us.  I start thinking about my healed wounds, my needs, my wants.  I got to my car and said "God help me".  I could see in how many instances I have reasons to be thankful.  I continued on with my day.  In an odd series of events.  I ended up at the college MSJC.  I had offered a person a ride to class.  MSJC is where I met my cherished friend in a music class.  We had to come to Hemet to meet each other.  The friend I needed as a child.  I met as an adult.

My mind is flooded with memories.  I've written and deleted so many things in this post.  Not sure what to do with this information.  I want to write in a way that makes it useful.  Honest but not confused or angry.



It's not what you think it's what you believe.  Patricia '96

No comments: