Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Far from perfect Disciple

I'm viewing my life. I'm sitting like a spectator watching. I feel like I received a reality check. I thought I was making sound decisions. Now I'm wondering what happened. Yesterday a former customer contacted me for assistance with my former employer. I did what I could to help. I had to contact former co-workers. It was like I still worked there. I don't want to assign any emotion to this entire situation. I want to allow it to reveal itself. I felt a duty to help that customer who reached out to me. I felt honest connections to the customers I encountered while I was employed. And still I feel a duty to help. I don't think it is wrong for me to feel that way. This is the type of work I've done throughout my career. Being 50+ I'm not in a position to change careers. Earlier that day I bagged the uniform shirts that were taking up space in my closet.  I put my name tag, and the box of business cards all in a stack.  I thought what a waste. One of the shirts I wore one time.  I'm going over how many times this has happened where my plans are yanked from me and given to someone else.  I've always been able to move on and I find my way.  None of this is new.  This time I'm not going to blame myself.  They weren't interested in me and that is how it is.  I have plenty to be thankful for. 

Matthew 5:14-16
“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

Luke 14:27
Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple



It's not what you think it's what you believe.  Patricia '96

No comments: