Sunday, January 7, 2018

Human disconnection

The moments when life looses the shimmer.   The hope for better.  The memory of fun.  The feeling of time makes what's known seem unfamiliar.  The odd remark, the inquiry couldn't answer.  The page of words hadn't been typeset as usual.  The unsettled sense being created had nothing to do with this space in time.  It wasn't a time for deciding.  The pressure to choose repeated over and over like a blinking caution light.  The repetitiveness wasn't reassuring.  Not able to focus on anything.  The senses distort to stave off panic.  I start by noticing my breathing.  My heart not racing, my body not feeling flush.  What was happening?  Why was I feeling the moment in deep thought.  I tapped my finger on my breast bone.  I become fully aware.  I focus my gaze around me.  I notice a young man lowering his head like I caught him looking at me.  If his being was submerged in desperation that just passed through me, he was very troubled. 

I felt myself drawn to him, but I was unsure about approaching him. 


It's not what you think it's what you believe.  Patricia '96

No comments: