Sunday, January 28, 2018

It's my call

Yesterday I went to the grocery store. Stopped at the gas station. I turned off my vehicle and was approached but a panhandler. He had an odd way of speaking. I heard quarter. I asked "why do you need a quarter"? I heard food, drink. I asked if he believed in God Jesus. He said Aizen. I told him I was in a bad situation myself. Then he asked me for a dollar. He stared at me in a really strange way. I said we aren't understanding each other. He walked away.  Two small children in car seats alone in the car at the next pump. When I replaced my gas cap still no adult anywhere near the car. I approached the store entrance. A young woman was walking out with snacks. I asked are those your children? She said yeah why? I told her I didn't want to leave after seeing them alone. She walked off like I was insane. I pull in and park at the grocery store. As I'm approaching the entrance I hear yelling. Several woman are yelling loudly they sounded like they were related. I said a prayer that all involved gain insight. I get inside. The area where the carts are stored is blocked by a large crowd of people peering out the window. I pushed my way through them to get a cart. As I pushed a cart towards them. They were all dispersing. Not because the yelling had stopped. I put my groceries on the conveyor belt. Talked with the clerk. Let him know the Pho from the local restaurant he recommended was delicious. He told me his mom and sister were in Vietnam on vacation. He will be able to go next visit. His mom had family there. I wish I could visit my dear friend who moved out of State. I miss her and it isn't fair we can't meet in person just because I can't afford that trip. I encountered a con artist, an aloof mom, a family argument, and I'm poor. I could rearrange this to better fit my need for a positive narrative. I met a millionaire pretending to be a panhandler he was compiling information to start a business based on giving instead of purchasing. I met a woman who was totally at peace with herself and could face anything no matter how horrible the consequences. I met a family who were ecstatic and wanted to share their joy with the community. I need someone to fund my trip to see my best friend.

Ha is that how it works? Dream big.  The thought that counts.  Dress for the job you want.  Live your dream.  Oh I like this game.  Let's play.


It's not what you think it's what you believe.  Patricia '96

No comments: