Saturday, January 6, 2018

Knock knock. Who's there? God

Yesterday was first Friday.  At the first Friday of the month mass the monstrance is placed on the altar.  It had been awhile since I attended that service.  The sermon at mass spoke on when hearing God call you.  For those who accept and believe It takes time and there is a need for assistance from other people.  The priest spoke about his journey following his call to the priesthood.  He was trying to learn English.  He said he had a tough time finding study partners.  He found out if made egg rolls everyone would make time to come to his house and help him study.

I called a friend to meet for coffee at our friends donut shop. We visited him and his wife awhile. It's always enjoyable there.  He gave us a few job leads.  We went back to the church.  I wanted my friend to feel the presence.

We made our way around town finding places with help wanted signs.  One place I hope returns my call seems like a good job.  I ran into one of my former customers. I told her I wasn't working there anymore, God has other plans for me.  She agreed.  I told her don't let them talk crap about me and we laughed.  She said I will rebuke the devil.  10 minutes later.  I get a text from a guy asking if I'm okay.  I responded "Of course God is with me".  I don't trust this guy and I've learned to not give him too much information.  All too late of course.  I don't want to narrate in such simplistic terms.  However the mindset I just escaped from I'll be brief and explain.  This guy had all sorts of things he had imagined about me.  He would tell me ridiculous stuff.  Like stuff he remembered that never happened. The few times I dared to correct him I realized, too late, he used his newly gained insight about me, against me.  By distorting the truth.  It is a common theme in modern life. It seems to super concentrate in certain places.  Again I'm thankful I'm away from that place.

My kid needed to finish a project during the Christmas break. We drove with a friend to my parents.  While I was there my neighbor called telling me her fridge broke down and she need to put some food in my fridge.  My mom over heard she let her borrow a small fridge they had at the house.

Today my family has two funerals.  They were close to my family.  The strange part is they didn't know each other.  They died similar deaths.  They are both being buried at the same time but in different cities.  I'm going with my dad to one.  Everyone else is going to the other.



It's not what you think it's what you believe.  Patricia '96

No comments: