Monday, January 29, 2018

Mr. Callous

"I have no where to put my feet". She stated as she was being forced to pose like a prop. "Just relax". He spoke unconvincingly demanding she accept her dilemma.  He snapped the picture.  The tension and coercion captured in her expression.  She had a sense it was time to start asking questions.   Her grasp of the situation was being revealed.  The humor met the sadness.  Creating an image, to share with an audience,  the years of nonsense, surrounded by prestige. 

She has nowhere to step. It was like walking on clouds. He coaxed her forward saying he cares.  He ran ahead playing.  "You have to catch up.  Don't worry.  Don't trouble yourself with worry".  Her voice amused and subdued "I feel like that girl in the picture. Unsure, used.  A toy that can be tossed into a box and forgotten. You can tell me I shouldn't feel that way.  I have no place to put my feet".  The parallel unsettling.


It's not what you think it's what you believe.  Patricia '96

No comments: