Wednesday, January 10, 2018

50 somethings

I went through the drive thru this morning at 1:00 a.m.  A guy was standing in the drive thru in front of me.  They wouldn't give him his food because he wasn't in a car.  I told him to give me his money I'll get it for you, or get in.  He gave me his money and got into my car.  Oddly enough it was an interesting encounter.  We talked awhile and went our separate ways.  The strange part when I told him I was recently laid off from (_____).  He asked if I knew so and so.  I had been thinking about so and so while I was making my way to town.

We talked about how strange Hemet has become.  All the desperate people meandering about.  We were the same age.  We talked about how angry the world has become and it's effect on our little town.

It reminded me of being a teenager going out meeting people hanging out talking, without being afraid. It was a glimpse back into a world that still exists waiting to be utilized again.


It's not what you think it's what you believe.  Patricia '96

No comments: