Monday, January 22, 2018

The illusion is crumbling (a different view)

You contacted me today to tell me you miss me. After all this time I'm cautious about your motive. Something changed in your world. You can't expect me to believe you've been pining after that much time passed. Trying to set up the usual stage to act out your melodrama. If you were a good person and you didn't change that would be reassuring. You not changing brings a nauseous feel. I have to tell you I can't do this again. I'm not able to loan you anymore time. The promises stand like the foundation of ruins. The pieces of truth remain solid. In the rubble the meaningless words you never bound yourself to. You loved to hear your own voice. I feel like I eavesdropped on your love affair with yourself. My fault for listening. My grievous fault.


It's not what you think it's what you believe.  Patricia '96

No comments: