Sunday, January 14, 2018

Living (verb) life (noun) live (adj)

I'm still filling out job applications. Going and making contacts with various businesses. I have a lunch date lined for next week.  A stroll around the gardens trip pending.  Maybe try an open mic poetry reading somewhere. This week in my journey I quit reacting and stayed true to my feelings. No need to dance around and entertain the desolate. I am not a vessel for despair.  

I saw the effects of white supremacy this week.  I had a man ridicule me loudly in public just because I'm white.  I stood there and laughed about myself with him.  He stopped and said sorry.  Whether he meant it or not doesn't matter.  His life had been shaped and justified by his hatred of past wounds not inflicted by me.  His soul could be released from that bondage.  That is my prayer for him.

It's not what you think it's what you believe.  Patricia '96

No comments: